Friday, February 29, 2008

Speechless (at weigh in... not now!)

I don't have, too much to say. I am kinda shocked. I know this is a bit unusual considering how much I usually have to say. In general, we all know how much I like to talk. I lost 4.6 lbs- in ONE week. I could not believe it, I actually told her that that had to be wrong! I couldn't believe I told her that, but it was like one of those times where there is no control over your tongue. I think we all have had at least one of those moments. Don't lie! So she proceeded to turn the monitor around as I stepped off the scale and watched it drop to zero. I stepped back on, and it showed that I lost another .2... but she didn't rewrite anything... so it was honestly 4.6. The previous week was my lowest loss, but still a loss. I thought I was reaching the point where things would mellow out a little. Guess not! Works for me though. After a couple rough days, I didn't think any amount of exercise would help me. I was cleaning Wed. and I was too busy to eat, so I fed the boys and kept about my business- telling myself I would eat in a few minutes. By about 3 o'clock, I realized I HAD to eat lunch before I got to church for dinner! But I still had to shower- all I ate was a cup of pineapple! At church I realized I forgot the checkbook so I ate the last 1/3 of Mikah's burger and 1/2 his fries and had some water. By the time I left I was REALLY hungry, so I took 2 pieces of crisp burnt bacon off the serving plate at my mother in laws when we picked up Jeremiah @ 9. Got home, still wasn't satisfied so I stole 3 Chips A Hoy from Billy's leftover lunch, then proceeded to eat an English Muffin with Mikah and had some V8 juice. Mind you, I only exceeded my points by one or two, so I only used 2 points of my weekly allowance this week. But I thought for sure with THAT little performance- there was no way. I was praying for just a small gain! It just seems odd to me, the worse I feel that I do, the scale is usually more nice to me. The better I feel about my week, it's like the scale HAS to make the point of telling me that I am not all that! But I am feeling pretty good today. My competitive spirit is saying to me, if I did that in one week, with doing just the exercise I did, eating what I did... what can I do this week? NOW, I am thinking I will probably work myself into exhaustion and never again partake of a slice of pizza, or touch my extra allowance points. That plan certainly will not last long- did I mention that Mikah has a birthday party to go to tomorrow! Oh well. But I will probably work myself till my bones fall apart. I mean, I see it as- 3-4 lbs a week until my birthday, I could lose over 35, even 40 lbs before my birthday! And then maybe my bike won't bruise my butt when I ride! And then I will have an excuse to do some shopping. If I reach my 10% goal in the next 2weeks, I get to go buy a little something. The idea of going CLOTHES shopping is exciting. Before Weight Watchers, the last time I went shopping was after Christmas, I got 2 pairs of jeans becuase I put on too much to wear the old ones. Before that... maternity shopping! That is sad. But the good news is I am heading in the right direction. Still haven't had breakfast yet, so I suppose I should before my body starts holding on to things again. Lets go 5 lbs!!

No comments:


First day nice enough to go out so Mikah treated Mikah to a ride.

I think he needed someone to scratch his back!

He was an angry silver back!!

See the orangutan climbing the wire over my head! Can't believe I got it!

The lionessess at the DC zoo

2 donkeys at the zoo cleaning each other... or just nibbling

And returning again

Here's that "riding off into the sunset pic" I was talkin about.

My boys. Beautiful weather in MD on 1/8

Daddy redirecting the boys after a wrong turn. One of my favorites of the 3 together.