Saturday, February 23, 2008

Disappointed, yet flabbergasted!

I have to say, this week has been VERY different from the past weeks. From what I ate, to how much, how often, the "work outs", what I cooked... everything. This was only the second week I did not tap into my weekly allowance points. (The points allowing those occasional splurges). The first week- was my first week on the program. My theory was to lose more quicker, don't eat "crap", but then I realized if I deprive myself from the foods I love to eat, I WILL NOT last. So that did not last long at all. It was intentional- my not eating those extra points, just that there was no "occasion" special enough. We didn't eat out much and I made healthier choices when I did. Then, there were days where my schedule was thrown off and I did not eat when I probably should have. You may think that it isn't that big of a deal to eat frequently or to eat on a schedule, but it really is! Your body gets used to eating at a relatively regular time. So I think I could have thrown my body off a little. Which feels kinda bad. BUT I found myself half way through the week and had not lifted a finger to exercise. My bad! So I jogged for 35 minutes those last few days. So I earned more "activity" points than I usually do. Every week I raise the number of points I would like to earn. That way I know I am increasing my exercise. And I did considerably well this week. And then there was the days like Sunday- when we are at church into the afternoon. I don't get a really good breakfast, and then lunch can be a little delayed. And there was the day when I had to go to court for a traffic ticket and I ate breakfast 4 hours earlier than I usually would if I were home! I was too tired to eat when I got home and I napped and missed lunch. So basically, I made great strives this week, but I did make a few mistakes and had some shortcomings. The scale on Thursday was not as nice as it had been in the past weeks. I lost only 1.2 pounds. As you may see from the title of this post- I was disappointed. I felt as if all my jogging and abdominal exercises should have paid off and I really was banking on ATLEAST 2-3 pounds. Then again, were those bad days bad enough to trump my hard work and all that sweat?! I can't possibly know. Yet... something FELT a little funny when I looked in the mirror as I was getting ready for my WW meeting. My usually tighter jeans (fresh out of the dryer- you know how THOSE fit!!) were just right. And I thought I LOOKED better. I was actually feeling good about what I was seeing. Billy and I retook my waist measurement to find out I was missing an inch there! I was flabbergasted! Oh my, I was excited! So I went to my meeting with my head held high. It is funny how much of a difference an inch makes... it often can mean the difference between seeing a more of your own skin or looking down to the ground and seeing your feet again! WOW! Though I wasn't as glad about my weight loss, I was proud to know my cardio MUST be working! When I got home (with my nice KFC dinner- I had the points!!) we had dinner, watched LOST and before bed... we retook ALL of my measurements. And I found out I also lost an inch in my bust! How great is that?! Now my belly is further in, as is my back, making me look slimmer on both sides. Well, except for my toosh. That measurement has not budged yet! But I must say, for the time being- I don't care about that one! So- to date I have hit 15 pounds on the dot plus 2 inches lost. And I like to remind myself that we did not do the numbers until about my 5th week on the program, so there could have been a little more trimming that I will never know about. All looks well and know I am aiming for a much higher loss this week to make up for last week. I still am on track to losing 30 pounds by my birthday- April 15th. And I will work to that goal until it is achieved! Thanks for humoring me... there were alot of mixed feelings this week. I have been disappointed, yet flabbergasted!

1 comment:

Andrea said...

GOOOOOOO BRENDA! AHHHH!

P.S. Be proud of that badonk :) I wish I had a little.


First day nice enough to go out so Mikah treated Mikah to a ride.

I think he needed someone to scratch his back!

He was an angry silver back!!

See the orangutan climbing the wire over my head! Can't believe I got it!

The lionessess at the DC zoo

2 donkeys at the zoo cleaning each other... or just nibbling

And returning again

Here's that "riding off into the sunset pic" I was talkin about.

My boys. Beautiful weather in MD on 1/8

Daddy redirecting the boys after a wrong turn. One of my favorites of the 3 together.