Saturday, February 16, 2008

I am getting there...

Slowly, but surely the weight is coming off. I am losing it. After the 4th week, I lost 2.6 lbs. This past Thursday, weigh in showed another 2.2 lb loss. Loss to date is at 13.8 lbs. Yet I could not tell you where the weight is going because I swear I still think it's there! It feels good though- seeing my weight go down. At this rate, I should reach my 10% weight loss goal in another 3 weeks. And then I will aim for another 10%. My current jeans are a little looser, I had to buy a belt! I have been doing some jogging, walking and doing both indoors when I can't go out. When I wear out one set of muscles, I target another. This past week- I jogged for 35 minutes in the house, I COULD NOT walk the next morning because my calves were just a little too tight! I don't think the motion indoors is the same, therefore there was a problem. So the next day I did an abdominal workout. I tried the next day, couldn't lift my legs off the floor!! So I did 5 sets of pushups and did some brisk indoor walking. The next day... I couldn't do ANYTHING! So we went out and bought bikes for myself and Billy. We are getting a trailer for the boys later today. (I have the pleasure of watching my friends little boy during a wedding). This is just so when I wear out all the other muscles I have, I can move onto something like bike riding that won't hurt a bit!! I am just excited to be moving about outdoors again. It feels wonderful. And my boys enjoy the extra fresh air and riding in their SUV. My goal this week- make this the best week I possibly can! They tried to get me this morning at breakfast at church! You should have seen all the greasy meats they wanted us to clog our arteries with! WOO! Wonderful as it all was, I took a little of this and a little of that, came home, added the points, and I was astonished to see how well I did. And the little bit of food that I had, compared to my kids and husband- I did really well! And was full before I was able to finish! (Boo hoo). Just wait till spring! I can't wait to get back playing football and soccer again. It will be awesome. My birthday is 2 months away... I plan to be 30 lbs lighter, and I can't wait. Keep praying for me. Believe me, the strength to change my poor habits are not of my own accord!

1 comment:

Andrea said...

Brenda you are amazing! I still have a gift card for you to Penney's...and you BETTER buy something sexy! :)


First day nice enough to go out so Mikah treated Mikah to a ride.

I think he needed someone to scratch his back!

He was an angry silver back!!

See the orangutan climbing the wire over my head! Can't believe I got it!

The lionessess at the DC zoo

2 donkeys at the zoo cleaning each other... or just nibbling

And returning again

Here's that "riding off into the sunset pic" I was talkin about.

My boys. Beautiful weather in MD on 1/8

Daddy redirecting the boys after a wrong turn. One of my favorites of the 3 together.