Friday, April 25, 2008

Movin' right along...

Haven't updated in some time now. I must say that I have been a little busy, but now things are slowing down a little. I have had quite a few milestones within the last week or so. One of those things keeping me busy was leading praise music at the ladies retreat last weekend. Where my milestone was singing a solo for the first time in front of people which is so much different from karaoke because you are revealing your heart. But it wasn't about me so it became a bit easier than I thought it would be. I had a blast with the Donna and Peggy preparing and singing the music. They were great fun to be with... and didn't make bad roomies, either! Check out some of the pictures!! Another accomplishment, I ran 2 miles on the treadmill at the fitness center AT THE RETREAT. And I did it at a near 5 mph. I have not been able to run like that since high school! I was beyond excited! And of course, Donna and Peggy were there and we worked it together! The other milestone was pretty huge for me. A dress that Billy insisted on buying for me back in Jan/ Feb... I tried it on Sunday before church... and it fit!! Mind you, that it is ATLEAST 2 sizes down from what I started at. Now he has to take me out to celebrate. Don't know what we are gonna do yet... I just want to have a nice warm Sunday where I can wear the dress to church! It's about the occassion that I would have to wear it! It just felt great! I had just got done telling him a couple days before I didn't think I could fit it and for fear of ripping it, I hadn't tried it on yet. Well there ya go, what a surprise. I don't remember the last time I posted, but this week I lost 6.2 pounds. Mind you, I missed last Thursdays because we left in the a.m for the retreat, so it was a 2 week loss. But even on average, 3 a week?! I'll take it! BTW, I didn't exercise this past week... Total loss thus far... I don't even want to say it because next week should be another milestone and I don't want to jinx it... but... I am excited... so.... total loss is 39.4 lbs!! I am down form 248 to 209! I cannot believe it. I really can't. It truly is amazing how much making healthier choices can change you! It's not even about dieting and deprevation... just more concious decisions. At this rate, I could reach goal within a year of starting! That is an outrageous though, but so within reach. And the funny thing is, I don't think I make all the choices I could make... but it still works and I still am on a good track! Well, I will definitely be insanely happy when I reach 40! but can you believe, that when I reach 48, I would have lost 20% of myself?! Crazy, huh?! I mean, if I were split into 5 pieces... I would be missing from the tip of my head to my head to my shoulders! I know... forget I said that! Just a fifth of my weight! HAHAHA...

No comments:


First day nice enough to go out so Mikah treated Mikah to a ride.

I think he needed someone to scratch his back!

He was an angry silver back!!

See the orangutan climbing the wire over my head! Can't believe I got it!

The lionessess at the DC zoo

2 donkeys at the zoo cleaning each other... or just nibbling

And returning again

Here's that "riding off into the sunset pic" I was talkin about.

My boys. Beautiful weather in MD on 1/8

Daddy redirecting the boys after a wrong turn. One of my favorites of the 3 together.