Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Wow... these last 2 weeks...

Let's see... the week after Easter, suprisingly, went pretty well for me. I managed to lose 2.2 lbs, taking me to my 10% goal!! That is right, I am 10% lighter and healthier than I was in January! I hate to post this... but my total loss is 24.8... yes, that means I was 248.8. I could not believe that I still lost after everything that I ate during those 2 weeks since my last meeting! But what is even better is the number I pulled this past week, one week later... not 2... not 4 or 5... but 6.8!!! .2 oz from being 7 lbs in ONE WEEK! Really, this I COULD NOT believe! Seriously, what in the world would make me lose that much. Like I should be on the Biggest Loser or something like that! Wow... you can tell how I feel if you see all these exclamation points I am using. People were asking me... "OMG (gosh!!) what are you doing"? The only answer I had... TENNIS. Billy, Mikah, and I had played tennis 3 times that week for a total of about 4 hours. We absolutely love it! And I truly am astounded at the difference it makes. Unreal!! So not only did I lose that much in one week but I had a few other successes.

One of them, I lost another 6 plus inches since the last time I measured (3/6/08). So in about a month (4/2/08) another 6 inches. A couple from my waist, another couple from my behind!! And yeah, I think it was about 3 from my bust! So in total, inches lost is somewhere between 12- and 15! Really, that is alot. I guess I shared my weight, I guess I can share the size. We went to Old Navy Saturday so I could give my mother in law and husband ideas for my birthday... I hesitated quite a bit before giving into curiosity and I tried on their jeans. I love Old Navy jeans... I really do. Before I had Jeremiah, or even got pregnant, I was wearing womens 18. I went to Old Navy just after Christmas, right before beginning Weight Watchers, I knew I was larger, so I took 2 pairs of 20's. Neither really fit, one could not make it entirely over my hips! I cannot describe to you the feeling. It was humiliating even though I was the only one who could see. And I hated shopping... at that moment! So we had to go to Walmart and I got 2 pair of 22's. So what happened at Old Navy this time around?! I tried on my 18's... and they were on the verge of being too big! They were a bit baggy in the thigh, and the waist was... COMFORTABLE! Yeah, then I thought, in another month, I may be able to wear a 16! I don't think I wore a 16 since Mikah!! WOW. It just felt REALLY REALLY good.

Another, the other day I went weeding through my old clothes collecting dust in my dresser. Most of them actually fit! All except a couple tops that I wore when I first met Billy. I was about a 12-14 then, so I think maybe this summer... I hope. But it was nice to know I will have shorts to wear this summer... maybe I can toss the maternity shorts I was wearing last summer!!!

The other triumph, I went weeding again, actually prior to the above listed because it was pretty warm when we were going out to play tennis and I needed shorts. I thought I would have to wear the butt tight shorts I wore for McSoccerFest last summer (all I could fit was Mens XL), though they are loser, they are ackwardly long. And I found an old pair of soccer shorts that I don't think I have worn since I played in high school/ adult league. They actually fit WELL!! The last time I tried for McSoccerFest, they were so tight on my butt that if I bent over to pick up the ball, they would have split! But not now! That was specail to me. I don't think anyone would actually understand. I love the sport so much, I haven't played in so long, never thought I could be athletic again, but I am doing it! And I am looking for a team. These things are huge for me. I just cannot believe how much better I am feeling and how much more I want to "play".

Total loss... for now - not feeling too good about the lack of exercise because of the rain and the food isn't the healthiest!! But my loss JUMPED from 24.8 to 31.6 lbs since January!! I'm not done yet!! Today is Mikah's birthday so I am trying to bake a cake before he realizes what I am doing. After practice we are going to Chick Fil A for dinner where he will get a present and his cake!! And a balloon from the balloon twisty lady (Bows the Clown??).

1 comment:

Andrea said...

YOU GO GIRL!

P.S. Let's talk about getting Micah some pictures!


First day nice enough to go out so Mikah treated Mikah to a ride.

I think he needed someone to scratch his back!

He was an angry silver back!!

See the orangutan climbing the wire over my head! Can't believe I got it!

The lionessess at the DC zoo

2 donkeys at the zoo cleaning each other... or just nibbling

And returning again

Here's that "riding off into the sunset pic" I was talkin about.

My boys. Beautiful weather in MD on 1/8

Daddy redirecting the boys after a wrong turn. One of my favorites of the 3 together.