Thursday, January 10, 2008

What have I gotten myself into!

I have felt a certain "tug" on my spirit for quite some time now that I have been ignoring, with everything I have! Well, today I have given to God what is His- myself. Or atleast my body, the temple of His Spirit. It is aweful to admit it in this way, but I think this is probably a great start for me... to admit my problem. After high school, marriage, a loss of activities, and 2 boys later I have packed on the pounds as if I could continue forever. I have starved myself and I have over indulged, I have skipped many meals and I have eaten a day away. I have never truly felt accountable to God for what I was doing to myself. Now I realize that it must stop somewhere and that I need help. There, I said it! So... tonight I attended my first Weight Watchers meeting. Now, I cannot promise anything. I will try, though... and pray ALOT. I am not one to have the resolve within myself to care enough to truly "watch" what I eat. But I know NOTHING is impossible with God. So cliche, I know, but it is true nonetheless! Isn't that a wonderful promise? For nothing to be impossible? I (temporarily) feel empowered! I say it that way because I know this will probably be the hardest thing ever and that Satan is GONNA use my weakness to attack me. If you feel led, pray for me- my strength easily fails. I think my husband is onboard and ready to assist with point counting and I am very excited to see what will happen, no matter how long it takes. I just want to stick with it! But man... regular crust pizza, garlic bread, and mac n cheese will be hard to part with. Remember, I have a man that wants to "plump" up... and I am the one who suffers! Here we go, anyhow!

1 comment:

Andrea said...

Hey girl! I found your blog through our hit tracking site :) Welcome to the blog world! Besides my photo blog, Drew and I have a blog: 2-ns.blogspot.com. Thanks for referencing me in your blog! :)

P.S. You are CONSTANTLY in my prayers. I love you!


First day nice enough to go out so Mikah treated Mikah to a ride.

I think he needed someone to scratch his back!

He was an angry silver back!!

See the orangutan climbing the wire over my head! Can't believe I got it!

The lionessess at the DC zoo

2 donkeys at the zoo cleaning each other... or just nibbling

And returning again

Here's that "riding off into the sunset pic" I was talkin about.

My boys. Beautiful weather in MD on 1/8

Daddy redirecting the boys after a wrong turn. One of my favorites of the 3 together.